Why I Love Summer...

We are in middle of the busy season.. and I love it! I can not believe it is already just about the 4th of July!! Where does time go? Every year I feel like the time flies by faster and faster! This is the time of year that I feel bad that I do not do as much networking as I would like, I would love to see my fellow vendors more, I would love to blog more and work on personalizing and improving our packages, and on and on..... But most of those things get put on the back burner so we can focus on our clients first and foremost!! The past few weeks when I have met with clients I have gotten this question a lot “Do you ever get sick of working every weekend all summer?”... The truth is... When you love what you do, it never seems like work! I remember hearing that quote one time and thinking “yeah right”.. but it is right and here are the reasons why I love what I do and why I love summer!

  1. I get to be my own boss - and although that does not mean taking afternoons off for “fun” very often.. it is very rewarding and I would encourage everyone who had a dream and a desire to work hard, follow your passion and make it happen! I never thought I would cut loose from my “day job” but after only having Lasting Impressions for 3 years, I did it! And it was very rewarding.
  2. I love my clients! I have the BEST Brides, Grooms and families! REALLY I DO! I feel like my clients are my friends and the ones that I work with for an extended period of time really become part of my family and I feel like I am as much a guest at their wedding as their “real” guests.. and that makes my job very enjoyable!
  3. I have a GREAT Staff!!!!! Andrea, Brooke and Meghan have been with me for years and I love that I get to see them every weekend and I love that when I turn on my computer on Monday morning.. I usually have at least one “Thank you Email” from a bride or a vendor raving about how great my staff was. That is a great reward!
  4. I get to see people in love, talking about love and being in love every weekend!!! What a fun job!!!
  5. I get excited to see all of my clients photos that are posted by the photographer every week!! Its fun to see how an idea goes from an idea to reality to an image that captures it all!
  6. On a Personal Note, I love summer because I love the HEAT!! You will never find me complaining that it is going to be 98 degrees at your wedding! I LOVE IT!!! I love boating, laying by the pool and taking my dog on walks when I am not working.... So chances are on my nights that I do not have appointments you can see that I am near water or soaking up the sun (Check out our Twitter for those updates). Now that I have a backyard this year I LOVE Flowers, I have always loved beautiful cut flowers at weddings, but for the first time I am learning how to plant them and keep them alive myself ;) I love Summer BBQ’s filled with Hamburgers, Hot Dogs and Smores.
So let me take this “mid-summer” opputunity to once again say... I love my job, I love my staff and I love Summer and Wedding Season!!
Here are some of my favorite things about Summer....
elizabeth_anne1.jpgCSC_0460.jpgDSC00007.JPG
DSC00819.JPG4657352901_1e495f2fef_b.jpgSummer-Wedding-Keep-Guests-Cool460x300.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog

Member of Minnesota TeamWedding.com™:
Complete Minnesota Wedding Ideas Website!

Followers

Labels

Our Weddings (82) Chair Covers (34) Personal (22) red (20) ideas (19) Black (18) White (17) purple (16) Outdoor Weddings (15) Green (12) pink (12) Press (9) winter weddings (9) MN Bride (8) awards (8) Orange (7) Summer (7) Windows on MN (7) Anniversary (6) Fall Weddings (6) Muli-Cultural (6) video (6) Brown (5) Favorite Vendors (5) fall (5) Blue (4) Calhoun Beach Club (4) Christmas (4) Favorite things (4) Mill City (4) Nicollet Island Pavillion (4) Praise (4) Special (4) business (4) About Us (3) Depot (3) Events (3) Gold (3) Landmark Center (3) Navy blue (3) Runners (3) Tent (3) fashion (3) semple mansion (3) turquoise (3) Barn (2) Camerose Hill (2) Crowne Plaza (2) Damask (2) Destination Venues (2) Featured (2) First Dance (2) Golf Course (2) Grey (2) Lafeyette Club (2) Lake (2) Lighting (2) Local Vendors (2) Minnetonka Orchards (2) Overlays (2) capture Studios (2) farm (2) outdoor wedding (2) quote (2) slideshow (2) stonebrooke (2) thank you (2) 317 on Rice Park (1) Basillica (1) Bearpath (1) Brackets (1) Bridal Boutique (1) Bridesmaid Dresses (1) Cafe Lurcat (1) Carlson Towers (1) Carnations (1) Ceiling decor (1) Celebrity (1) Ceremony music (1) Class (1) Damico (1) Dance (1) Dessert bar (1) Destination Weddings (1) Dress (1) Earle Brown Heritage CEnter (1) Edina Country Club (1) Edinburgh (1) Etsy (1) Five (1) For fun (1) Graves 601 (1) Great Hall (1) Hilton (1) Holiday Inn-Lakeville (1) Invitations (1) Irvine Park (1) Jackpot Junction (1) Jax (1) Kelly Brown (1) Linens (1) MN Arboretum (1) MN Boat Club (1) MN History Center (1) Mcnamera Alumni Center (1) Millinium H (1) Muesum (1) Musuem (1) Olympic Hills (1) Pantone (1) Park (1) Photobooth (1) Photography (1) Private Home (1) Rehearsal dinner (1) Rental Items (1) Resource (1) Rustic (1) Sale (1) September (1) Services (1) Shopping (1) Silver (1) St.Paul College Club (1) St.Paul Hotel (1) Temple of Israel (1) Tiowaken Spirtual Center (1) Twin Cities Bridal (1) University Club (1) Vada Photography (1) Venues (1) Videos (1) Vintage (1) Walker art Center (1) Wayzata Church (1) Website (1) Wedding Coordination (1) Wisconsin Weddings (1) advertising (1) advice (1) attire (1) birds (1) flowers (1) food (1) fun ideas (1) golden valley Country Club (1) hennepin ave united Methodist (1) hiring (1) inspiration board (1) nautical (1) radisson (1) redribbon photography (1) sculpture Garden (1) solera (1) studio blue (1) target field (1) thankful (1) theknot (1) wedding facts (1) weddingwire (1) white bear country inn (1) yellow (1)

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP