The First Dance....

kDWQ5.jpg





I was talking to one of my brides yesterday and we got talking about first dance songs. I know that when I got married this was an area that I really stressed about. I wanted to pick something perfect.... Not to new, not to overplayed, not to mushy.... I will never know if I picked the perfect one, but I do know that I picked a song that really expressed how I felt about my husband and what really expressed our life together. I really love music (and especially country music) so maybe this is why selecting the song was so hard! I am lucky enough to hear some great songs every week and I am always left thinking..... How does this song express their life together?

Based on what I see a lot and what my personal choices are in music here are some great FIRST DANCE Songs!!

The Classics
1. At Last
2. My Girl
3. True Companion
4. Crazy Love
5. I Cant Help Falling in Love
6. Unforgettable
7. Wonderful World
8. You are so Beautiful
9. The best is Yet to come
10. Wonderful Tonight
11. Always on my Mind
12. Stand by Me

The Best of The Last Few Years
1. "I'm Yours" - Jason Mraz
2. "Fall for You" - Secondhand Seronade
3. " All My Life" - K-C and Jojo
4. "God Bless the Broken Road" - Rascall Flats
5. "Dont Want to Miss a Thing" - Aerosmith
6. My Best Friend - Tim McGraw
7. I Do - Paul Brandt
8. Come What May- Moulan Rouge
9. I'll Be - Edwin McCain
10. Carried Away- George Strait
11. Shes Everything - Brad Paisley
12. By Your Side- Sade
13. This Years Love - David Grey
14. Its You - Michelle Branch
15. Feels Like Home- Chantal Kreviazuk
16. Your Everything - Keith Urban

My 2009 Favorites
- Love your Love the Most - Eric Church
- You Found Me - The Fray
-Then - Brad Paisley
-Better Together - Jack Johnson
-Unbelieveable - Josh Gracin
-Fall Into Me - Sugarland
-Nothing Fancy - Dave Barnes

... As you can see I love country :)

Some of my favorites are when old songs are remade by new artists, just to give them a new twist....
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow - Eva Cassidy
-Fields of Gold - Eva Cassidy
-Make you Feel My Love - Adele
-Heaven - DJ Sammy (CAndlelight Version)

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog

Member of Minnesota TeamWedding.com™:
Complete Minnesota Wedding Ideas Website!

Followers

Labels

Our Weddings (82) Chair Covers (34) Personal (22) red (20) ideas (19) Black (18) White (17) purple (16) Outdoor Weddings (15) Green (12) pink (12) Press (9) winter weddings (9) MN Bride (8) awards (8) Orange (7) Summer (7) Windows on MN (7) Anniversary (6) Fall Weddings (6) Muli-Cultural (6) video (6) Brown (5) Favorite Vendors (5) fall (5) Blue (4) Calhoun Beach Club (4) Christmas (4) Favorite things (4) Mill City (4) Nicollet Island Pavillion (4) Praise (4) Special (4) business (4) About Us (3) Depot (3) Events (3) Gold (3) Landmark Center (3) Navy blue (3) Runners (3) Tent (3) fashion (3) semple mansion (3) turquoise (3) Barn (2) Camerose Hill (2) Crowne Plaza (2) Damask (2) Destination Venues (2) Featured (2) First Dance (2) Golf Course (2) Grey (2) Lafeyette Club (2) Lake (2) Lighting (2) Local Vendors (2) Minnetonka Orchards (2) Overlays (2) capture Studios (2) farm (2) outdoor wedding (2) quote (2) slideshow (2) stonebrooke (2) thank you (2) 317 on Rice Park (1) Basillica (1) Bearpath (1) Brackets (1) Bridal Boutique (1) Bridesmaid Dresses (1) Cafe Lurcat (1) Carlson Towers (1) Carnations (1) Ceiling decor (1) Celebrity (1) Ceremony music (1) Class (1) Damico (1) Dance (1) Dessert bar (1) Destination Weddings (1) Dress (1) Earle Brown Heritage CEnter (1) Edina Country Club (1) Edinburgh (1) Etsy (1) Five (1) For fun (1) Graves 601 (1) Great Hall (1) Hilton (1) Holiday Inn-Lakeville (1) Invitations (1) Irvine Park (1) Jackpot Junction (1) Jax (1) Kelly Brown (1) Linens (1) MN Arboretum (1) MN Boat Club (1) MN History Center (1) Mcnamera Alumni Center (1) Millinium H (1) Muesum (1) Musuem (1) Olympic Hills (1) Pantone (1) Park (1) Photobooth (1) Photography (1) Private Home (1) Rehearsal dinner (1) Rental Items (1) Resource (1) Rustic (1) Sale (1) September (1) Services (1) Shopping (1) Silver (1) St.Paul College Club (1) St.Paul Hotel (1) Temple of Israel (1) Tiowaken Spirtual Center (1) Twin Cities Bridal (1) University Club (1) Vada Photography (1) Venues (1) Videos (1) Vintage (1) Walker art Center (1) Wayzata Church (1) Website (1) Wedding Coordination (1) Wisconsin Weddings (1) advertising (1) advice (1) attire (1) birds (1) flowers (1) food (1) fun ideas (1) golden valley Country Club (1) hennepin ave united Methodist (1) hiring (1) inspiration board (1) nautical (1) radisson (1) redribbon photography (1) sculpture Garden (1) solera (1) studio blue (1) target field (1) thankful (1) theknot (1) wedding facts (1) weddingwire (1) white bear country inn (1) yellow (1)

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP